Friday 18 January 2013

Welcome to the Harlequin Book Club!

 


I was watching the new season of The Bachelor the other night when the idea for this blog came to me. Harlequin, the massive romance novel publisher, ran a cover photo contest on the show. All the girls vying for Sean’s affection had to pose with him for Harlequin-style cover photos, all romantic country themed, or modern vampire or old-fashioned harlotry.

It was basically 20 ways Sean could smolder on camera without a shirt on. I’m not complaining. I still think Emily Maynard was crazy for passing Sean up for Jef…and we all know how that turned out.

Anyways, seeing the photo shoot was like a jolt. Harlequin novels, that’s perfect! I can write a blog about them, I’ve been reading them for years. They are probably my guiltiest pleasure, beyond my obsessions with Air Supply and Little House on the Prairie re-runs.

They’re a lot of people’s guiltiest pleasure it seems. Harlequin, which publishes out of a main office in Toronto (Canada represent!), pumps out 110 titles a month, and yearly, over 300 of those titles make it onto bestseller lists.

In this blog I’m going to read and review titles under the Harlequin umbrella, covering a wide array of sub-categories within the romance genre, including historical, adventure, desire, medical intrigue and more.

Ready for romance? Keep reading.


1 comment: